Ujazdów Castle

between Ujazdów Park and the Royal Baths Park
Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship, Poland

Ujazdow Castle in Warsaw
Photo: Marek and Ewa Wojciechowscy License: CC BY-SA 3.0
Rebuilt several times since its original construction in the 13th century, Ujazdów Castle was refurbished between 1784 and 1789 and converted it into military barracks. Today, it houses Warsaw's Center for Contemporary Art.

Map of the Area Around
Ujazdów Castle

Ujazdów Castle Categories

  • Art Museums and Galleries

    The Castle currently houses the Centre for Contemporary Art, with its collections and temporary exhibitions, concerts, and educational workshops. The Centre has organized over 600 exhibitions since 1990.
  • Castles and Palaces

    Having been the location of two former royal palaces, King August II (reign: 1697–1706) ordered the construction of a new royal residence here in the 1670s. It has also served as a military barracks, a hospital, and a museum.
  • Man-Made

    The castle was built by Tylman of Gameren, a notable 17th-century architect and engineer. Parts of two former castles that were built on the site became part of the new building.

Other Ujazdów Castle Resources


Popular Landmarks

Visit our sister site:
Visit Landmark: United States